Translate

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Set Me Free (Doctor Who fanfiction): Chapter 2

This is chapter 2 of my story in which I meet the Doctor.

Chapters: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8


The man's (the Doctor's) reaction was immediate. His face filled with anger and fear, and he pulled out something that looked like a pen with a blue light on the end. A strange metal creature (if this were a science fiction story, I would say it was some sort of droid) came into view and turned what I assumed was its eyestalk to face me. 
"You are right not to trust him," it said haltingly in a harsh, metallic voice. Then it turned to face the Doctor. "Is this your new companion, Doctor?"
"Companion?" I turned to the Doctor. "Companion?!"
"It does not matter," the droid said. "She will be EXTERMINATED!"
"No," the Doctor said.
"EXTERMINATE!" The Doctor grabbed my hand and pulled me away, and the droid's shot barely missed me, hitting the road and creating a giant pothole (thankfully, nobody had been close enough to get hurt). The Doctor pulled out something that looked kind of like a bracelet, but had all sorts of buttons and controls on it. He aimed the pen-flashlight thing at the bracelet thing and pressed the button on the pen, which made a strange buzzing noise, and then he tossed the bracelet onto the droid's eyestalk. Finally, he used the pen on the bracelet again, and the creature disappeared. 

"Where'd you get that?"
"My sonic screwdriver?" he asked, holding up the thing that looked like a pen. "I've had it for a long time."
"So that's what that is! But I was asking about the um... bracelet thing."
"Oh, you must mean the vortex manipulator. I got it from an old friend. A very old friend, actually."
"What does it do?"
He thought for a moment. "What is it, the 21st century? I know you don't have any, but I assume you're familiar with the concept of a teleportation device?" I nodded.
"It's a teleportation device? So where did you send the..."
"Dalek. I sent it to the void. So basically, I killed it."
"You killed it?!"
"It nearly killed you first. Daleks show no mercy. Any other questions?"
"How do you get coordinates for 'the void'? And what is the void, anyway?"
"Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey." He used his sonic screwdriver again, doing what seemed to be some sort of scan. "Looks like that Dalek was the only one. Now then," he said, then walking on as if this was a typical day for him, "where were we?"

No comments:

Post a Comment