Translate

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Set Me Free (Doctor Who fanfiction): Chapter 8

Chapters: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8


I pulled out the sonic the Doctor had lent me. I called the TARDIS over, and we came in, smiling. Donna flew the TARDIS with ease, thanking me and rejoicing in her newfound identity as a Time Lord. "And now the Doctor isn't alone anymore," she pointed out gleefully. "He's got me, a friend and a fellow Time Lord."

The TARDIS came in for a landing, and Donna looked confused for a moment before flipping a switch, chuckling to herself as the TARDIS began making the familiar whooshing noise. "He leaves the brakes on."
"Well, we're only human," I said, then we laughed as I realized what I'd just said. 

I stepped out, glad to be back on Earth instead of some strange planet. Donna ran up to the Doctor and hugged him. The Doctor looked shocked. "She can't know!" he cried. 
"It's alright! She's back! She's a Time Lord now!" The Doctor felt Donna's pulse and realized I was right.
"Thank you so much!" The Doctor ran up and hugged me. "What would you like me to do for you? I'll give you anything. I owe you." I thought for a moment. 
"Well, there is one thing."
"Go ahead."
"I'd ask to travel with you, but my family wouldn't want me to leave for who knows how long, even if it is a time machine. Can I have a sonic screwdriver? You have such a cool one, and it's so useful."
"Of course!" The Doctor went into the TARDIS, then came back out with a sonic screwdriver similar to his, except that the bottom could be twisted. "Twist that to call me, and I'll give you a visit. I should warn you, I may be a little early or late, but I'll try to get to the time you call for me. That way, you can go on the occasional adventure without being a full-time companion." He handed the sonic to me. 

"Oh, thanks!" In a moment of joy, I kissed him on the cheek.
"Now come on, I'm sure you'd rather be with someone your own age," he replied, but I could have sworn I saw him smiling.

And then we parted ways, but I know I'll see him again. I look forward to that day, but in the meantime, I'll remember how he set me free from my boring life, and how I set Donna free and brought her back to him. They'll go on adventures, but for now, this adventure has been enough excitement for me. When I am tired or sad, I can look back on this time and remember the man who gave me adventure, purpose, and most importantly, freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment