Translate

Friday, June 13, 2014

The Flirting Games (Doctor Who fanfiction): Chapter 2

I didn't plan to write a second chapter of this story (click here for chapter 1), but people seemed to want it, so here it is. (Moral of the story: if you make a request, follow one of my stories on fanfiction.net, etc., I'll do my best to act accordingly.)

Jack finally caught up to River, panting. “You sure are fast!”
“I get it from my parents. They do an awful lot of running.” She flashed a slightly seductive smile.
“And who are your parents?”
“Doesn’t it tell you on that file about me?”
“Oh yeah. Wait… you’re Amy and Rory’s daughter?”
“Yes, what about it?” River put her hands on her hips, as if to say ‘I dare you to insult them’.
“I just find it kinda funny that the Doctor travels with his parents in law.”
“You better be careful. You’re treading dangerous ground, soldier.”
“Oh really?” Jack asked, smirking.
“You’d better watch your step,” she replied with a slight edge in her voice, stepping towards him.
“Make me,” Jack whispered, stepping towards her.
“Maybe I will,” River said, getting even closer.
“So do it then.” River took one more step towards Jack and shoved him to the ground. The look on Jack’s face was priceless. He sat there is shock for a moment.
“You asked for it!” River gave a slightly malicious smile.

“How on Earth did the Doctor marry you?”
“Actually, it was in a parallel universe. Right before I ‘killed’ him,” River said offhandedly. Jack laughed.
“So violent!” Jack exclaimed teasingly. “But really, how did you convince him? You really don’t seem his type.”
“You’d be surprised.”
“Enlighten me.”
“Spoilers,” she answered, smiling.
“Is that your answer to everything?”
“Spoilers.”
“You are impossible,” Jack said, sighing in frustration.
“No, I’m River,” River said with a smirk.
“Oh, shut up.”
“Not a chance.” Jack sighed. “So then, Captain Jack, how about that drink?”
“Spoilers.”
“How dare you?” River slapped him.
“Man, you’re strong! That hurt!” Jack complained, rubbing his face.
“I get it from my dad. He’s got the toughest punch in the universe.” She whispered, “But on the inside, he’s a real softie. Don’t tell him I said that.”
“Of course not, Doctor Song. Say, did you get a doctorate just so you could become a Doctor?”
“Possibly.”

“Come on, let’s go have that drink. I know a great place not that far from here.”

(Sorry it's so short. I'll write a third chapter soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment