Translate

Sunday, May 11, 2014

You Matter (Wholock fanfiction)- Chapter 1

I've decided to start posting my fanfictions directly to my blog (although I will still keep the page for my stories updated.) I will post each chapter here before posting it on fanfiction.net, so if you want the most up-to-date source, read my blog. And now, you get to read the first chapter of my latest story, a collection of Doctor Who characters comforting Sherlock characters and vice versa.

Chapters: 1 2 3


"I was wondering if you'd like coffee?"
"Black, two sugars please. I'll be upstairs." Sherlock Holmes walked out of the room and left poor Molly all alone. 

Another woman walked in. "He just doesn't get it, doesn't he?" Molly turned around, confused. 
"Sorry, what?"
"He doesn't know you love him. Or maybe he knows, but he just doesn't feel the same way."
"Am I really that obvious?" The second woman shook her head. 
"It takes one to know one." She sat down next to Molly. "My name's Martha, by the way. Martha Jones."
"I'm Molly Hooper."
"Nice to meet you, Molly." They shook hands. "Is this some sort of laboratory?" Molly nodded. 
"I'm a pathologist."
"I'm a doctor. I actually traveled with a man called the Doctor, too."
"Traveled? So you don't travel with him now?" Martha shook her head. 

"I was... hopelessly in love with him. But he would look at me like I wasn't even there. I mean, he liked me as a friend, but nothing more. And... it broke my heart. So I left." Martha thought for a moment. "You're really brave, you know that?"
"What do you mean?"
"It takes a lot of courage to stay with someone you love when you know your feelings will probably always be unrequited. I know how painful it is. I bet that man doesn't know how much he owes you."
"Yeah, I suppose so." Molly smiled a little. 

"But I want you to know something, Molly." She stood up for emphasis. "It doesn't really matter what he thinks of you. It doesn't matter if he likes you or not. It doesn't matter what he thinks you're capable of. It just matters that you be yourself. Be the amazing person you are. After all, love or no love, he cares about you and esteems you enough that he asks you to help him. And I doubt he'd just take anybody. So just remember that whatever happens, you matter."

No comments:

Post a Comment