Translate

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fandom School (4th period): Fanfiction

Hello, dear readers! I hope you all like reading my blog. Today I'm going to talk about another kind of writing: fanfiction. So happy, Wednesday, and welcome to another class at Fandom School.
Fanfiction is my life!
What is fanfiction?
Simply put, fanfiction refers to a type of fiction that is based off of existing fiction. This includes books, TV shows, movies, comics, games, and much more. Most fanfiction stories include a disclaimer, although it's typically assumed that fanfiction writers do not have the rights to the fandom they are writing about. Topics of fanfiction include ships- for canon ships, this is a way to make "deleted scenes", and for non-canon ships, this is a way to imagine "what if?"- sequels to canon events, behind the scenes stuff, AU (short for "alternate universe", meaning "what would the story be like if this happened differently?"), crossovers (multiple fandoms), and many more.

Where can I read fanfiction?
There are many websites that allow you to read and write fanfiction. Examples include www.fanfiction.net, archiveofourown.org, www.wattpad.com and many more.
To see a list of all my fanfictions, go to the page labeled "My Fanfictions".

So I hope you enjoyed that. Also, take note that today is #Elever (Eleven/River) Day and Clara Pond's (owner of "The Star Cult" on Google+) birthday. I might post something about Elever Day later today, and I might not. We'll see. Anyway, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment