Translate

Friday, July 4, 2014

4th Of July

Happy 4th of July! I realize that recently I've been pretty bad about posting regularly, so sorry about that. Just be aware that this blog still continues, and I'll try to get to some sort of schedule soon. Anyway... As I said, today is the 4th of July (the day the USA declared independence from the UK), so that's what I'm posting about.


Stephen Colbert

Captain America

So, what else is awesome about America? Well, we've made a lot of awesome inventions:

1776- Thomas Jefferson invented the swivel chair 
1784- Benjamin Franklin invented bifocals
1796- Amelia Simms invented the cupcake
1801- Frederick Graff Sr. invented the fire hydrant
1831- Joseph Henry invented the doorbell
1853- George Crum invented potato chips
1919- Charles Strite invented the toaster
1945- Percy Spencer invented the microwave
1946- Ralph Benjamin invented the computer mouse

Obviously, that's not all, but that's really all I have room for. Have a great 4th of July, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment