Translate

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Channel 5 (Merlin fanfiction): Chapter 15

Chapters: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Fortheloveofcamelot has entered the room
Destined2Bqueenofcamelot has entered the room
Imthegreatestwarlock has entered the room
Lady_of_the_Lake has entered the room
Fortheloveofcamelot: How are the ratings?
Destined2Bqueenofcamelot: Great! And your views are climbing. I suspect in a few episodes, we'll reach our goal.
Imthegreatestwarlock: Does that mean the show will end :(
Destined2Bqueenofcamelot: Not necessarily. If you both have the time, you could keep going.
Imthegreatestwarlock: :)
Destined2Bqueenofcamelot: By the way, Vivian is really upset. She's seen the show, and she didn't know until now that you're homosexual.
Fortheloveofcamelot: I literally told her that up front. Guess she didn't believe me. Oh well.
Imthegreatestwarlock: Have you got the next episode's script ready?
Lady_of_the_Lake has sent you a file: "Episode 4 script"
Fortheloveofcamelot: Great! Let's get started.
Fortheloveofcamelot has left the room
Imthegreatestwarlock has left the room
Destined2Bqueenofcamelot has left the room
Lady_of_the_Lake has left the room
***
Arthur and Merlin sat at a table across Elena and Mithian. "Hi, I'm Arthur and this is Merlin."
"What, I don't get to introduce myself?" Merlin asked with mock indignation, punching Arthur lightly on the arm. Arthur punched back.
"Next time, you can introduce the both of us."
"Fine," Merlin said, sighing.
"I'm Elena."
"Hi, I'm Mithian," Mithian said a little nervously. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but um... when did you find out? That you were... you know... gay?"
"I've known practically all my life," Merlin said with confidence. "When I was a little kid, the boys would do cute things for the girls, and I would do cute things for the guys. When I got to be a teenager, my friends talked about being attracted girls, and I realized I didn't feel that way about girls, but I felt that way about boys. I asked my best mate Will about it, and he told me it meant I was gay. He explained what that meant and told me I was still his friend. Then he kept trying to set me up with his friends."
"Did you hook up with any of them?" Elena asked, curious.
"Well, I tried once, but... it didn't work out," Merlin answered, his expression souring.
"But what about you, Arthur? When did you know?" Mithian asked, quickly changing the subject.
"I'd been through a lot of failed relationships with girls, and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. I asked Elena about it,"
"And I told him he was doing everything right."
"But then she asked me how I felt about the girls I'd dated, and I realized that I hadn't actually loved any of them. She asked me how I felt about guys, and I described what I thought was friendship, but she said that was what love was. She confessed that she was a lesbian and explained what it meant to be homosexual. So she's the one we owe this meeting to."

The waiter came by to take their order. "Hi, my name is John and I'll be your server for this afternoon."
"I'm Elena, and I'll have the steak."
"I'm Mithian, and I'll have... Oh, I can't decide. Surprise me."
"You won't be disappointed," the waiter said with a smile. "Now then, what's for you, young man?"
"I'm Merlin, and I'll have the pizza margherita."
"I'm Arthur..."
"Merlin and Arthur? That's like destiny!"
Merlin chuckled. "Like we haven't heard that one before," he said with a smile.
"What will you have, sire?" John asked jokingly.
"I'll have the chicken," Arthur said, not looking at the menu.
"Destiny and chicken, hm. I'll be back in a little while."
"Destiny and chicken?" Arthur asked when he had left. "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard."
Merlin shrugged. "Could be worse."
"That can be your ship name!" Mithian suggested enthusiastically.
"What? No?!" Merlin and Arthur yelled simultaneously.
"Come on, it's great!" Elena insisted.
Merlin rolled his eyes. "Destiny and chicken. I'll be destiny, you be chicken."
"Why am I chicken?"
"Because you're afraid of your father."
Arthur sighed. "There's got to be a better ship name."
"I'll ask Gwen."

Several hours later, Merlin and Arthur were sitting with Lancelot and Gwen at Camelot Diner.
"Remind me again why we picked this place?" Arthur asked.
"Because my brother works here," Gwen reminded him. As if on cue, their water appeared. "Hi, Elyan! We were just talking about you." Elyan looked worried. "Don't worry, all good things."
"Right. So what will you have?" The rest of the table ordered, and then it was Merlin and Arthur's turn.
"We'll have the chicken," Arthur said.
"With a side order of destiny," Merlin added, smiling. Elyan raised his eyes.
"I don't think destiny is on the menu, but I'll see what I can do. Destiny and chicken, hm? Will that be all?" They nodded, and Elyan left.
"What was that about?" Lancelot asked. "Did I miss something?" He looked at Gwen. "You promised to give me all the details!"
"I didn't know about this!" Gwen insisted, just as confused as Lancelot.
"Do you have a good idea for a ship name?" Merlin asked.
Gwen shook her head. "It's not like you two need one, anyway."
"What about Merthur?" Lancelot asked.
"Merthur. I like it," Arthur said approvingly.

A few minutes later, Elyan returned with a chicken and a small cake shaped and decorated like Excalibur. "Does this count?" he asked. Merlin beamed.
"It's brilliant. I'll thank you with my tip."
"As will I, sir Elyan," Arthur said with a mock bow.
"Thank you, sire." Elyan delivered the rest of the food and drinks.
Gwen smiled and looked at Merlin and Arthur. "So, how goes it? I want all the details."
"Gwen!" Lancelot admonished.
Merlin rolled his eyes. "It's all right, Gwen's a friend, I have no problem sharing. As long as you're okay with it, Arthur?" he asked, wrapping his arm around his boyfriend.
Arthur shrugged. "Why not?"

Countless stories and details later, it was time to go home. Arthur pouted. "Do I get a goodbye kiss?"
Merlin rolled his eyes. "Yes, you clotpole," Merlin answered, kissing Arthur.
"Merlin?"
"Yes, Arthur?"
"What is a clotpole?"
"An idiotic, annoying person. Like you!"
"Better be careful, I could put you in the stocks for that!" Arthur teased.
"This isn't Medieval England, you dollophead!"
"What is a dollophead?"
"In two words? Arthur Pendragon."
"You really do come up with the most ridiculous words. Like 'clotpole'. Really, Merlin?"
"Oh, I didn't invent that one. Shakespeare did."
"Ah, then I have the wonderful Bard to thank for your ridiculous nicknames for me."
Merlin nodded. "I hate to go, but we can't keep talking here forever."
Arthur sighed. "Until next time, dollophead."
"Hey! That's my word!"

No comments:

Post a Comment