Translate

Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Sunshine Award

So, I kind of disappeared there for way too long... sorry about that. Band camp is pretty intense. Now that I've got a bit of free time, I can write another blog post. Yay!

Strix Spell at How to Make Dusty Tea nominated me for the sunshine award, so that gives me a topic to discuss now that I'm back.
To start off, here are 5 facts about me.
  1. I'm in marching band. That's why my blog was really quiet for the first two weeks of band camp, since after a long day, I'm too tired to blog (and band camp takes up most of the day anyway). Marching band is a lot of hard work, but it's awesome.
  2. I will gladly reread/rewatch movies/books/tv shows/etc. if they're good enough. If they are written well, you can often find something new and interesting each time.
  3. I don't have a favorite color. If you asked me, I would answer blue, pink, green, gold, silver, purple, red, or rainbow, depending on my mood.
  4. I'm actually bad at picking favorites in general. If you asked me what my favorite subject is, I would have to pick between music, languages (if you want to be specific, I'd have to narrow it down between English, Japanese, and Chinese), computers, fandoms (does that count as a subject?), and science.
  5. I'm really protective of my stuff. I get mad if someone comes into my room without permission, especially if I'm trying to sleep. I'm not good at lending my stuff, unless I have complete confidence that I'll get it back.
And now it's time to answer Strix Spell's questions.

What is your favorite location to read?
It doesn't really matter to me where I read, as long as it's a good book. I used to curl up in bed to read, but then I would stay up all night and not get any sleep, which was kind of a problem. I've read in trees before, but I don't have a good tree to read in near my house. And also, I don't like being eaten alive by bugs. Now that I think about it, though, I do have a reading spot. My bed is a loft bed, and underneath it is a comfy blue rocking chair that I like to sit in to read or just relax.

Do you have any subscriptions on YouTube and if so, who is your favorite YouTuber?
I have lots of subscriptions on YouTube. As I mentioned earlier, I have trouble choosing favorites, so here are a few YouTubers I really like:
  • SciShow- my first YouTube subscription. It's hosted by Hank Green, and I've learned all sorts of cool scientific facts from it.
  • Mental Floss- similar to SciShow, but it has random trivia facts instead of science stuff. It's hosted by Hank's brother, John Green.
  • Vlogbrothers- hosted by both Hank and John Green together. It's got all sorts of interesting stuff, and I'd give a better description, but I don't know what more to say about it.
  • Charlieissocoollike- hosted by Charlie McDonnel. He does funny videos, songs, and short films.
  • Nick Pitera- an awesome singer with an extensive vocal range. His "one man" videos are awesome, and he's also done covers of really great songs.
Attempt to count all of your fandoms.
Ha! I'm ahead of you on this one! I've got a list of my fandoms on the right sidebar of my blog that I update as I join more and more. Here's what I have so far:
  1. The Avengers
  2. The Big Bang Theory
  3. Broadchurch
  4. Captain America
  5. The Chronicles of Narnia
  6. Divergent
  7. Doctor Who
  8. The Fault In Our Stars
  9. Frozen
  10. Harry Potter
  11. How to Train Your Dragon
  12. The Hunger Games
  13. Kung Fu Panda
  14. Les Misérables
  15. The Lord of the Rings
  16. Merlin
  17. The Princess Bride
  18. Sherlock
  19. Star Trek
  20. Star Wars
Do you prefer tea or coffee?
Tea, but I'm not a big fan of either (especially since I find the smell of coffee mildly nauseating). My beverage of choice (besides water) would be juice or hot chocolate.

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being neat and 10 being: I clothes all over the floor, old food, and used tissues everywhere (you get the picture), how messy is your room?
Well, entropy (the natural tendency towards chaos and disorder) is clearly present in my room. My room is probably about a 6. It doesn't look pretty, but I know where everything is.

And now it's my turn to ask 5 questions.
  1. What is your favorite book?
  2. Why did you start blogging?
  3. If you knew today was your last day, how would you spend it?
  4. If you could become famous, what would you want to be famous for?
  5. If you had to choose between reading and watching tv/movies, which would you do?
Finally, I'll tag people:

No comments:

Post a Comment